Get Google Maps Directions
Caernarfon is on the edge of the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, on the coast with a backdrop of the mountain of Snowdonia, less than 30 minutes by car from the University & Cathedral City of Bangor on the North Wales coast.
The village is only 20 minutes from the A55 coast road that links North Wales the the M56 and M6 motorways with the North West.
Estimated driving times
- Liverpool to Caernarfon - 1.5 hours.
- Manchester to Caernarfon - 2 hours.
- Birmingham to Caernarfon - 3 hours.
- London to Caernarfon - 5 hours.
See the National Rail website for train information. The nearest railway (Bangor) and is approx. two hours from Manchester and around three hours frrom London Euston. Bus onwards to Caernarfon takes approx 30 minutes.
See Traveline Cymru for bus timetable information.
From Ireland, you can cross on the ferry to Holyhead, a 3.5 hr crossing. Holyhead is approx. 45 minutes from Caernarfon by car. See these websites for timetables:
Both Manchester Airport and Liverpool John Lennon Airport are just over two 1/2 hours from Caernarfon.
- Manchester Airport
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Anglesey Airport runs mid-week flights between Anglesey and Cardiff.